If you are planning to have the skip on your own property you will not need a permit. However, if you are planning to position your skip on a highway, it will require a council permit.
You do not need to do anything yourself, we will obtain the permit for you; it is our responsibility. However, Shropshire County Council charge for this service, currently £125 and they take 7 days to process. So please bear this in mind when planning how far in advance you book your skip, and how much you budget.
At Budget Skips we have invested heavily in a full fleet of vehicles ranging from the size of transit vans up to multi-drop hydraulic trucks. We can deliver to almost anywhere as long as you let us know the access details.
It is imperative that your skip is not overloaded, so make sure the skip you select is the appropriate size for your job. Therefore, we ask you not to exceed the sides of the skip - and for the fill to be level;
Overloading is dangerous to motorists and pedestrians, and is illegal for us to transport.
We reserve the right to level any loads that are excessive.
Under no circumastances should you light a fire inside the skip.
The skip should not be moved, other than by the driver, and you should ensure that your desired location is clear of any obstructions.
For any other questions on the use of your skip, please call and speak to one of our fully trained operatives.
We accept most kinds of waste, except Asbestos or other hazardous materials.
For guidance on this, please call.
We accept most kinds of waste, except fridges and freezers, tyres, food waste, chemicals, asbestos or other hazardous materials, this includes Japanese Knotweed as it is a hazardous material.
If you have any specific worries we are happy to help.
At Budget Skips, we aim to provide a service tailored to your needs. Our drivers will deliver your skip at a time convenient to you, following any special instructions you may have. Due to the heavy haulage nature of Skip delivery, we cannot always guarantee an exact delivery / collection time, but we are very flexible and will endeavour to fulfil any time constraints you may have.
You will able to keep the skip for 1 week - 10 days, although longer hire terms are available - simply call to arrange.Once your skip is full, give us a call and we will come and collect promptly, or if you require, exchange it for another.
We at Budget Skips appreciate that not all works go according to plan and you may need to extend the hire period. the initial period is for 1 week to 10 days. Simply call to arrange. Once your skip is full, give us a call and we will come and collect promptly, or if you require, exchange it for another.
1) Skip container not to be moved from where positioned by us
2) No skip container to be filled in such a way it can be hazardous on the public highway whilst the container is in transit or stationary
3) No liquids loose or in a container may be placed in the skip container
4) No cans, bottles or liquid containers can be placed in the skip container unless open for inspection
5) No explosive, toxic or damaging materials to be placed in the skip container
6) it shall be the skip hirers responsibility for damage of any loaned skip
7) We accept no responsibility, liability for damage to the hirers’ property when delivering or collecting a skip container off the road
8) Under the highway act 1980 section 139. If a skip is placed on the highway, the hirer has sought permission from the local authorities and indemnifies Budget Skips for penalties arising from failure to obtain the said permit. The terms include the use of traffic cones during daylight and illuminated lamps during hours of darkness
9) If when disposing of your waste we discover any of the above prohibited waste in the skip container you will incur extra tipping fees
10) by ordering our services from this web site you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms and conditions.
11) You may obtain a written copy of these terms and conditions by requesting one through the contact page
As an individual or one off customer we ask for payment on delivery.
As an account customer, payment terms are as per contract